Monday, September 23, 2019

Recipe Report

I tried two new recipes this weekend.

First up is Crock Pot Meatloaf. 
I'm not sure where this one came from. It looks like I may have done a 'copy-paste' with this one as there is no website info anywhere.
Anyway, it says to cook on low for 8-12 hours. I turned it off after 7 hours. It tasted overcooked to me. Husband said it was ok. If I make this one again I will try cooking it for less time. I did not make the foil handles.

The second recipe we both liked a lot. 
I will make this one again. 
I have had a similar, if not the same, dish made by someone else before so I knew I would like this one. It came from the Braille Monitor. I made half the recipe since it is only the two of us and I knew it would be more than we could eat in a few day. You can see my notes written in. Notice my note-to-self about the size bowl. I started this in my largest Pyrex mixing bowl, but it got messy when I started stirring it all up. It fit perfectly in my 8" square CorningWare baking dish. I also omitted the cornflakes and butter topping. Just as good without it. 

Today I had a lovely morning with a former co-worker. We met at the local diner for coffee. It was so nice to visit with her. She was the cook at the school I worked at and we spent our lunch breaks together. She had planned to retire at the end of the school year two years ago, but her son had a sudden health issue which turned out to be cancer. She moved half across the country to take care of him. Sadly, he passed away this past winter. We have only been able to get together a couple of times since she has been back. I have missed her. 

Since I was going to be in town I took the opportunity to declutter a few bags of clothes and recycle used printer cartridges. 
Glad to get those things out of my house. Slowly, but surely, I am getting rid of the excess and unwanted.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Those recipes sound yummy - I'll have to try them! I'm glad you got to spend some time with your friend - sounds like you had a good time. And when you get done recycling and sorting and getting rid of your stuff - come on over - you can help me with mine - LOL - ;))