Saturday, March 3, 2018

Saturday Organization

 
Happy Thoughts first:
Wednesday was warmer and sunny, great day for outside recess!
 
Thursday, even though rainy, we had a fun recess. I set up Kindergarten Olympics in the gym. 
It kept them all moving and I think they enjoyed it. I am thankful to have extra classroom aides this year to help with recess. We have a larger than normal class this year. Instead of hiring another teacher for one year they opted to hire 3 extra aides. Well, 2  1/2. One aide is a classroom aide in the morning and a Phonics RtI aide in the afternoon. She will stay, at least at part-time, next year. 
My hope is that they will keep her full-time and let her float between classrooms in the morning. 
The teachers are finding it helpful to have extra help, especially with students who might need just a little extra help sometimes.

 
 At the beginning (middle left) of the course are 9 cones to zigzag through, Balance Beam, Army Crawl (a yardstick taped to two chairs), Jump the River (two jump ropes laid out about 2 feet apart to jump over - don't get your feet wet!), Olympic Rings Hop (five hula hoops), Basketball Shoot (the hoops are just out of the picture in the lower left. The ball falls into the red bucket), Sit Ups (on the mat), Jumping Jacks, Hop Up and Down, Push Ups, Run in Place, lastly zigzag through three cones to end up back at the beginning. Repeat until out of time. They got to do the course at least 3 times.

Friday was sunny and warm again. Yay for outside recess!
 
Today's Happy Thought - considering how the full moon affects young children, 
I am thankful to have gotten through the week!
 
I decided to spend some time working on my new sewing space today.
It started out looking like this...
 

My son did go through some of this and took a box back with him. Some has been sorted to Keep and some to Give Away. He also sent some to the trash. I plan to put the bed in that corner eventually.
 
 
I have moved my project binders to the shelf. 
I have also set up the table and moved a ten drawer tower in.
 
At noon today the room looks like this...
 
 
 I put my Groovy Boards in the bottom of the wardrobe, which got moved 
from the far corner to the wall right inside the door.


I moved the embroidery machine to the table. I am hoping I use it more if it is set up for embroidery all the time. I have lots of projects planned. Hopefully this summer I will find the time. 


I moved the embroidery thread into some of the drawers of the tower.
Four drawers of thread.


I have 2 of these night stands. I plan to move at least one of them into this room by the bed. 

My husband really likes Brach's Malted Milk Eggs - the white ones. 
Nothing else is as good, according to him. I don't care for them, so I will take his word for it!


A box of 10 arrived today. 


They have gotten really hard to find. 
 The last several years I have been ordering them on-line.

 See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilt
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing the before picture of your sewing room and think you were very brave to share it with all of us. It really gave me a chuckle, as I've been there myself. Glad to hear that thing are in better order. Thank you for sharing.