Monday, March 5, 2018

Monday - Hopeful

At school we are talking a lot about growth mindset. 

Image result for growth mindset
The staff and students just received T-shirts that say


But, I am tired of doing hard things.

I think the hardest thing for me is adjusting my negative attitude.
It seems like one thing after another and it never ends. I have a hard time keeping a positive attitude.

I am tired of having to get before the sun. I want to sleep in once in a while, but our 
lives are being controlled by a manipulative, greedy, selfish person who thinks he has to be 
in control of EVERY thing.

I am tired of people who do not do their jobs.

I am tired of people not being on time. My day is very scheduled. I do a lot of different things throughout the day. If one or two people are late to get their students from me it affects my entire day and possible someone else's. I cover the secretary's break three times a day. If a teacher is late getting their students then I am late to cover the secretary's break.

I am tired of poor communication. I see this at work and in business dealings. 
I ordered a ramp for my son to use at his apartment. It got lost in the shipping network. If I hadn't called after 3 weeks I don't know if it would have ever been located. The ramp worked well for my son, but he needed another one which I ordered on Jan. 25th. Still don't have it. I have placed many calls to the company, the latest one today. It isn't their fault. They use another vendor who manufactures the ramps. He was sick with the flu for a week and got behind. At that point he stopped returning phone calls. They haven't heard from him in three weeks. I was curious to know if the ramp had even been shipped yet, thinking perhaps it got misplaced like the first one. They placed a call to him again today, and again did not hear back from him. They happen to have a ramp that is almost what I ordered and could sell it at a lower cost. It is close enough to what I ordered that I agreed. I received an email from UPS showing that a shipping label has been created. 

I am hopeful that the ramp arrives this week, but I am not holding my breath. 

On Saturday my husband fell about 12 feet from the top of the ladder that goes to the haymow onto a concrete floor. He thinks he is ok, just sore. His left leg and left arm hurt, but he thinks it is just muscle bruising since everything seems to be working ok. He refused to go to the hospital. He is taking ibuprofen and applying ice and heat alternately.

Now, before you say I should stop feeling sorry for myself, I know that my bad days are much better than some peoples good days. I know I could be much worse off than I am.
I am thankful for all that I have. I know these are just bad moments and will pass. I have a warm house, enough to eat, and people who love me. I am blessed and I am grateful.

As my Mom tells my Dad 
(who is suffering from dementia and gets anxious/frustrated/upset sometimes)...

Are we hurt? No. Are we sick? No.
Then we're good. It's all okay.


See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilt
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

No comments: