Friday, March 30, 2018

Friday Happy Thoughts

The plumber did show up yesterday late afternoon. Turns out the customer is supposed to be notified by text/e-mail shortly before the repair person shows up, but since we are a first time customer and they only had our land line number they couldn't text/e-mail us so we were surprised when he knocked on our door. We also haven't received our receipt of payment yet because it needs to be emailed to us. Husband wrote a check which the young man sent receipt of electronically to the business. I understand that it may be convenient for the business, but I wish they would take into account that not EVERY one uses smart phones and/or electronic billing, etc.

Husband was with the young man the entire time to help in any way he could and
seems to think the guy did a great job. He was here until 6:00 pm. He took the old tank with him.
I am thankful we don't have to worry about disposing of it. I am happy I can finish laundry and run the dishwasher, both of which I have done since he left with no problems.

There was also discussion of another plumbing issue that we need taken care of. It is not an emergency and they will be setting up an appointment for that.

So, overall it was a good experience and we will give them a good review.

My new plants are doing well.

Well, most of them are. The one in the front left corner - Echium Red Feathers -  isn't looking great. The leaves are turning brown and falling off. It does appear to be getting new ones, though.
The one in the front right corner - Butteryfly Plant - really likes the light. I turned them just
before taking this photo.  I have to rotate this one a couple of times of day. I have moved them
from my kitchen counter with a west facing window to a south facing window in the family room.

I have completed a few more paper pieced blocks from Quilt-Pro Systems Block of the Day.
Subscription is free. A new block is posted every day and is available for that month only.
Most pieced blocks are 4 inches. Blocks offered are paper pieced, pieced,
and appliqued with some quilting motifs thrown in, also. 

These are the newest blocks.


They finish at 4 inches.


I was thinking these would be cute as inserts in greeting cards
with a window cutout, but they were slightly too big.

I can print them at a reduced size, but these were printed months ago and would
need to be copied at a reduced size. I wondered if my printer could do that ...


 ... and IT CAN!
After some playing around I figured it out. I hope
I can remember how to do it the next time I need to.
See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

No comments: