Saturday, March 17, 2018

Saturday and Happy Thoughts

 
Well, I guess on the Happy Thought front I need to say that the ramp has been delivered.
Yay, sort of. This one ended up in Ohio, also. 
 
When the first ramp ended up in Ohio it was found right away and we received it the next day. This time it took a full week before it was found and delivered to my house. The entire process of ordering these ramps and getting them delivered has been so frustrating and took almost 2 months.
 
I have questions for UPS and I will be sending them a letter, 
although I really don't expect to hear back from them.

More Happy Thoughts...
- we got to enjoy outside recess all week. That is a good thing because the students, as well, as the staff are getting restless, wound up, I don't know what. We are all ready for a break.
 
- yesterday a co-worker, new this year, told me she was thankful to be working with me and that 
this year would have been very difficult for her otherwise. Aw, that really made me feel good. 
I remember when I was new at this job people did not explain things to me just expecting me to know 'everything' already. I think people that have worked somewhere for a long time forget that new employees don't know everything and could use a little helpful information - like where the extra paper products are kept, how to use the phone system, certain 'rules' or traditions, etc. 
So I always try to fill new people in on those things. I don't always remember, but I try.
 
- I finished the Best Nest Organizer Basket. 
 
 
Pattern can be found here.

This is my version.
I made a few modifications from the pattern.
 
 
I added a hanging loop at the top to help it hang better from a Command Hook. 
The gusset is narrower at the top, but I found it to be too wide to stay nicely on the hook.
 

I added an box pleat instead of gathering at the bottom of the pocket front.
 
 
I did not add batting to the pocket front or back as suggested in the pattern. 
I wanted to finish this quickly and didn't want to spend the time quilting the layers.

I did add it to the sides and quilted it with straight lines about a 
1/2 inch apart to give some structure to the gusset.


 I does stand nicely when not hung on a hook.

I am pretty happy with this and will probably make some more. I think they will look 
cute hanging in my 'new' sewing area once I get it organized the way I want it. 

I haven't done anymore in there since two weeks ago. Some things need to move out of there 
and that probably won't happen until my son comes home again to go through more of it. 
I could and have gone through it to organize it in a way that will be easier for him to go through, 
but I don't want to just toss things that he may want to keep. 
There is enough space that I can start using the machine in there.

 Hoping to finish up the quilting on this baby quilt this weekend. 
 
 
I really need to get it finished. My quilt group meets next Saturday and I want to hand this off to my friend. I will then be finished with all of her quilts.

Sadly, I am not keeping up very well with the What a Hoot Quilts 18 in 2018 challenge. 
I think I will catch up this summer when I am not working though.
 
 
See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilt
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.
 

No comments: