Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Rainy Day and Happy Thoughts

 Sunday - We had gotten several inches of snow on Friday-Saturday, but we figured that by Sunday morning the roads would be in pretty good shape. They were, mostly. But the further south we went on our bi-weekly shopping date we could see that they had gotten more snow. We usually take the county highway because we like that there is less traffic and since I usually drive my husband can look at the countryside to see what the farmers are doing and what the crops look like. Of course, there are no crops right now but he likes to look. There is going to be a road closure beginning April 2nd until the end of August on that road and we wanted to check out where that was going to be and if it would affect us much so we took the county highway down. There were some bad spots caused by blowing snow, but we made it safely. We encountered a very slippery intersection once we got into town and I am very thankful (Happy Thought) that the driver to my right with the green light had the foresight to make sure I was going to be able to stop before he processed into the intersection. It was a little dicey, but I did get stopped. 

We decided to take the interstate home thinking it would be clear of snow and ice - wrong. There were some very bad spots and we upon an accident that had happened shortly before we passed it. It involved a semi-truck and at least one other vehicle. There were 4 vehicles stopped and 2 police vehicles. There was a lot of debris on the road, but I didn't think much about it ... until yesterday.
 
 
Monday - My 'low tire pressure' light came on. Again, thankful for that (Happy Thought) but I have had trouble with my tire sensors in the past so I didn't take it too seriously. I mentioned to my husband when I got home and sure enough, it was low. 
 
Tuesday - So today my car looks like this ...






Happy Thought - thankful for my husband for removing the tire and taking it to the tire repair place. I am hoping they are able to fix (however they do that) and that I don't need a new one because, you know that means at least TWO new ones - on the back so they have the same amount of wear, or whatever the reason is for having to replace two.
 
While I was in the garage looking at my poor car I looked over at the window boxes that were brought in in the fall and forgotten about. I was surprised to see this ...




 
Snap dragons growing!
Some other plants I ordered came yesterday.
 
 
The instructions said to plant right away. We are predicted to possibly get snow again this weekend and it has been raining since yesterday afternoon. I don't think I am going to get these in the ground anytime soon. The next best thing is to place in a sunny location and keep watered so that is what I am doing.


Monday my quilting friends, there are five of us, went on a little trip. These are the items I got ...


Starting on the left - light background needed for  Snow Much Fun BOM from Quilt Doodle Designs. a blue plaid brushed cotton (on sale!) just because I liked it and will use it at some point, some blue and green batiks for Snow Much Fun, some wool pieces - red/black check, lime green plaid, purple solid, dark green very subtle textured that will get used in ... something.


Also, this cute panel, To Be or Not To Be Growth Chart. One of the places you can find it is here.

 
I didn't realize it was a growth chart until I got it home! I am thinking I will add a simple border and hang it in my classroom area at school. I think it is cute and colorful and I really like the message: 
 
Be Kind & Courageous
Grateful & Generous 
Gentle, Brave & Wise
Thoughtful & Humble...
Most of All
Stand Tall & Be The
Person You Were 
Created to Be!!

 
At the store I purchased it at the sample on display was very similar to this one (could be exactly like it, I don't remember exactly). Since Blogger won't let me post that here is a link. This is a free project on the Henry Glass website. 

I am thankful to be on Spring Break on this windy, rainy day and need to get busy with some projects.
 
See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

So many Happy Thoughts for such rainy/snowy weather - and a messed up tire! Glad you got home safely and didn't wind up with a flat tire out in the middle of nowhere - and that your husband was able to remove it and get it fixed for you. I like your fabric finds - especially the panel - it will look great hanging at your school - ;))