Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Tuesday and Happy Thought

 My Quilter's Exchange group met Saturday. 
We are half way through the exchange for this year.

This month I have Cindy's (not me) bag.
 

These are the houses that have been finished when the bag was handed to me.
One member of the group has asked if we would like hand embroidered details added to the blocks she makes. Yes, please! She does a fabulous job. You can see her work in the two top left blocks. Some members are adding buttons and other details as they go. I am going to wait until after the quilting has been done to add embellishments.
 
 
These are her blocks with mine added.
 
 
The two on the bottom right are mine - tall, skinny lime green with dark green roof (green is my favorite color!) and dark purple with black/gray roof and tan and mauve door. 
You can see that some of the house blocks are the same, or reversed, or chimneys added or reversed.

Every month we open each bag and put the blocks up on the design wall 
to see how things are looking. It is so much fun to see the progress.

I am thankful to have this week to do what I enjoy so much. 
I am thankful my husband is tolerant, even encouraging, of my hobby. 

Maybe I should change from Happy Thoughts to Thankful Thoughts.
Whatever you want to call them, I am happy and thankful.

 
See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

1 comment:

dq said...

I am in love with these houses and the story that goes with them. I just love round robins! I would love very much to have a new bag to open each month.