Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Wednesday

My plans for today include working on the Media Cart Cover.
It is on my list for '18 in 2018' and it really needs to be finished.

I have the fabric and the measurements. I don't think it will take long. Lots of measuring and pressing, but not really that much sewing. I may pop in at school later for a fitting.
Even though today is a gray, cloudy, looks like rain kind of day I am happy to
see all the green shoots coming up out of the ground, many with flower buds. 


I don't like to remove the leaves from last fall until I know we
aren't getting anymore snow so my beds look pretty messy.

The plants that arrived on Monday seem to be doing well.

This Orange Butterfly Plant is slowly coming along. 
There is a sticker on the pot that says this one is a slow starter.
My brother planted one of these at their house and it is gorgeous when blooming.
I love the bright orange color of the blossoms.

This is Tiarella Sugar Spice. It has a flower stalk getting ready to bloom.

These plants attract hummingbirds, bees and butterflies.  
I am trying to honor my brother's wish to protect our 
environment by adding plants like these to my beds.
I ordered my plants from Jung Seed
I have ordered vegetable seeds and plants from them for several years and have always been pleased.
If you click on the pictures you will be taken to the Jung website and can see these in full bloom.

See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

No comments: