Thursday, March 29, 2018

Sometimes It's Just Hard...

...for me to try to have a positive attitude.
Things just seem to pile up on top of each other making it hard to find the happy.

Sunday I apparently ran over some sort of debris causing a leaking tire which became apparent on Monday. I guess I am thankful it didn't go flat immediately. My husband was able to take the tire off and get it repaired. I can now drive my car. So there is a happy thought there - happy to have a handy husband.

Also, we began to notice some wet spots on the basement floor. This is not too unusual during rainy times so we didn't think too much of it since there was melting snow and rain the day before.

Monday while I was out enjoying a fun trip with my quilt pals my husband received a phone call and then a visit from the crop insurance adjuster. Without going into detail (because I don't know/understand all the details) this has added even more stress to my husband's already stressed life. I will just say that my FIL is a lying, cheating, cruel, greedy person and has been for many, many years. It is all coming to light since the passing of my MIL. He has created a huge mess that he now expects my husband to 'fix'. I am beginning to feel like it is an impossible task.

Tuesday we took husband's farm vehicle to get some work done. He had it worked on by a local mechanic last summer and something happened while it was there causing the air conditioner to no longer work. It won't hold freon. The mechanic's response was not to fix what clearly happened there, but to say 'you don't need A/C anyway. Just put the windows down'. This same mechanic has let his dogs jump on and scratch another vehicle of ours. He burnt a hole in the seat of husband's truck, covered it and denied knowing anything about it. Anyway, now some of the windows will go down, but not up. So it is at a different mechanic but so far we haven't heard anything at all from them.

We notice there is more water on the basement floor. I had done a couple of loads of laundry and it had continued to be rainy, but husband is beginning to suspect there is a different problem.

Yesterday when husband went to do chores at FILs and check on him there were 3 'jobs' waiting for him to do in addition to the chores: 1) light bulb in ceiling fan/light above dining room talbe needed changed. FIL had yanked the entire socket? (the thing that holds the light bulb) out with pliers because he broke the light bulb when he tried to unscrew it. 2) His phone needed 'fixed'. He pushes buttons and gets the answering machine part of it screwed up, among other things. 3) He needed a new fluorescent tube in his bathroom light. He has yanked on and messed with it so that the prongs on the bulb are bent and it won't stay in. He probably will need a new fixture. He doesn't ask, he demands that these things be fixed. Sometimes he is barking at my husband before he even in the door. Great way to start each morning.

Husband has figured out that the well water pressure tank in the basement is leaking. He called a local plumber but had to leave a message. No response yesterday.

Today we went to W-M to get a new light tube and ballast. They had the tube, but not the ballast. So on to the Ace Hardware where we were able to get the ballast. While at W-M I looked at yarn. The yarn section was a mess, skeins of different colors all mixed together, some without labels. I chose a skein of black Scrubby for dish clothes. It was the only one that color. I was happy to find it because I had not been able to find that color at other stores. When I got to the register it was discovered that the band on it was just a clear band with no price or UPC code. Left it there. By then there were several people in line behind us and I didn't want to hold up the line while they checked the price.
All of that didn't take enough time and we had to wait 25 minutes in the Aldi parking for them to open. Got what we needed and came home. Husband checked the light tube and the new one was a fat one, the old one was a skinny one. He went to town to the local hardware store and they were closed. He didn't go there to begin with because the lady who owns it is very cranky and they are twice the cost as other places.

Since we have not heard from the plumber we stopped in a different one in town on our way home from shopping. The receptionist needed info off the tank so she could relay that to one of the plumbers who was getting supplies. We hurried home and called in that information. That was 3 1/2 hours ago and we have not heard back.So now I am not doing any laundry or running the dishwasher.

Spring break has been chilly, rainy, foggy, just yuk. I was hoping to get some yard work done, but it is too wet.

And, we have poor reception on the TV (we refuse to pay for satellite and are using an antenna tower) and poor internet connection that takes forever to do anything. It usually takes me at least an hour, sometimes two, to download pictures and write a post.

So, it seems one negative thing after another, day after day. I am tired.

I did get some work done on the media cart cover, but I am going to have to have a fitting.


See, lots of measuring and pressing. I am pressing the hem here.

Also, insert happy thought, I found a garden cart at Aldi today. 20 bucks. Husband said get it. We already have a garden cart and I find it quite useful, but was reluctant to get another. He said, 'It's only $20. Get it'. So I did.



On the way home I thought it might be useful for something else!






I have a wheeled bag for my sewing machine, but this will sure come in handy for all the other things that go to retreat with me.

Now I am looking for something to personalize it.
Maybe this will work.

Blue Quilt Aluminum License Plate

Or this

Quilting Friendships Aluminum License Plate



Sorry for all the white space, but the pics of the license plates make that happen.

See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

No comments: