Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Happy Tuesday

I'm trying to be happy and think positive thoughts.

I am knitting on a sweater.
Several years ago I had started a sweater with a pretty variegated yarn. I never finished it, probably because, while the colors are pretty, they just aren't MY colors.



Then I saw a sweater being worn by a co-worker that was made with variegated and gray yarn. I liked how the gray sort of broke up the variegated colors. I decided to try it with my yarn.
My first attempt was with a medium gray heather yarn. It is a nice color, but I felt it wasn't dark enough. Here is my second attempt with a darker gray. I like it, but now am hoping it doesn't look to masculine.


A kind of fun, sneaky thing I am doing is knitting off of the first sweater, unraveling it a little at a time as needed. The reason for this? My husband gets a little panicked when I unravel something. I have explained it is better to take apart something that doesn't turn out quiet right and use it for something else, but it really bothers him when I do it.


The last two days have been warmer and sunny. Great for outside recess. The grassy area is still wet, but we have a pretty large gravel area that is big enough and has swings, slides, seesaws and other fun equipment to play on. It is great to get outside to play.

Even with the warmer weather, or maybe because of it, the students are not on their best behavior. In fact, I find that this time of year behavior starts to regress for some students. I am a little frustrated by that and am thankful when the end of the school day arrives.

But then I got a call from my son just as I was pulling in the drive. He was letting me know that he had just called to get TV/Internet prices. There is a really big reason why they should not be doing this right now. MONEY. They have none. I sat in my car for 5 more minutes listening to him before telling him that he didn't really want to hear what I had to say about any of it because I was really frustrated that they were not being more careful with their spending. I still have access to his checking account since he opened it when he was a minor and had just looked at on-line last night. Not pretty. He was disappointed with my response to his call, I am sure.

Just moments before that I had a very bad emotional moment. I saw a guy on a motorcycle. I lost it. Doesn't take much. My brother was riding his motorcycle when he was hit and killed by another driver.  I know there will be more and more riders out as the weather warms up and I hope that my reaction today is not what will happen every time a see a motorcycle. So, you see, some days it is just really hard for me to keep a happy, positive attitude. Tomorrow is another day. A fresh start. Tomorrow will be a better day, I hope.

No comments: