Sunday, February 25, 2018

A Sunny Sunday

Finally a sunny day.

We have had a lot of rain! The slightly wet spot across the road used to be much bigger and the ditches were full. I am not complaining. I have co-workers in nearby towns who are dealing with basements full of water and flooded streets or roads. Some are unable to leave their houses or their towns. We had water coming in the basement and the sump pump ran continually for several days, but nothing is ruined. I am lucky.

My son was home recently for an annual appointment to update his medical information. 
He is required to do this to continue to receive his necessary medical supplies. 
This is extremely frustrating to me. 
He was BORN with Spina Bifida and all the medical/physical issues that go along with that 
WILL NOT BE GOING AWAY. 
He will deal with these issues the rest of his life. He has to 'prove' every few years that he still has spina bifida and that he still needs the medical supplies. 
I am thankful that he is able to get the supplies. Without them his life would be miserable.

I am also thankful he has his dog, Pokie.


His dog is so patient. He waited quietly by the door every morning while my son got his boots and coat on, then the leash on the dog. This process takes almost 10 minutes from the time he gets out of bed, locates everything and puts it on. Bless that dog!


My son says if Pokie thinks one of his people might be leaving he will lay on their coat.
My son was getting ready for an evening out with friends.
I don't know how the dog knew that, but he laid on my son's coat!


He also liked my chair and would get in it every time I left it.


A boy and his dog. They are good for each other.

I haven't gotten much sewing done in the last month. My son was here for several days, then I took him back which takes a full day what with the unpacking what he took back, shopping for groceries and putting it all away. And, then my husband and I have both been feeling a little under the weather. Him more than me. I just don't have the energy or ambition to do much.

I made a bag holder for my son's apartment. Sorry, no picture.
Last weekend I stitched up the Quilt Exchange house blocks for February.

These are my blocks.
These are all of Wanda's blocks made so far. 
Our meeting was yesterday.
Today I stitched up the blocks for next month. I usually try to get them finished right away in case some unforeseen event happens that prevents me from sewing.

These are my blocks.
These are all of Linda's blocks made so far. 
Linda decided on a night time village with solid colored houses. 
I love that even though we are all using the same patterns our house are 
so different because of our fabric choices.
When my son was home we had a Fog Day from school. It started out as a 2 hour delay, but the fog continued to get worse so we ended up having a whole day off. So, I made him go through some of his stuff and decide what he wanted to take back, keep here or throw away. And, while he didn't get through all of it some progress was made. I still can't set up the permanent bed in there and there are still more boxes of things to go through, but I did start moving some of my sewing things in there.


I am hoping to continue working on this a little at a time. I have decided not to paint for now. I want to put an area rug in there and new curtains. I plan to move the wardrobe from the far corner over to the wall on the left and use it to store some quilting/sewing things in, but that will have to wait a little longer. I am thinking I will put the double bed in that corner where the wardrobe is now.
Slowly but surely it is getting there.

My happy thought for this time are:
- thankful for sunny days
- thankful the flooding did not affect us as badly as it did other areas
- thankful the get even a little sewing done
- thankful for a space to move some of my sewing/quilting things to but still allow room for visitors
- thankful for a day off to get some things done

See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

All those houses are wonderful :) Love the difference between the daytime and nighttime renditions. Boy, that really must be frustrating about the medical proof he has to keep providing. Really a ridiculous waste of time on both sides. I'm so glad you didn't have horrible flooding problems.