Monday, December 30, 2019

Design Wall Monday

I can finally start linking up to 

We finally got our desktop computer back last Monday, after more than a month away being repaired. I had figured out how to post blog updates, along with photos with my tablet, but I was not able figure out a lot of things, like how to cut and paste links.

Anyway, here I am! I'm not sure anyone even missed me :) I don't get a lot of comments on my posts so I don't really know how many people actually read them, but that's ok. This blog serves as a kind of journal for me, allowing me to keep track of what I am doing, how I am feeling and how things have changed, or not, through time. Any comments are gravy. I enjoy them. Some have led to great conversations, friendship, advice, all of which I appreciate.

So, I've been busy sewing. Over the weekend I completed the covers for Son's gaming chair. It really is a comfortable chair. He found it second hand and even though it is in good shape he wanted it to be more 'him'.  
"Mom, can you recover this chair? 
And, can it be camo?"
 He chose this lime green cotton twill camo from the Realtree Store
Since it is twill it should hold up well, I think. 


I made the covers so they could be easily removed for washing. I hope he likes it.

Speaking of chairs, Husband's recliner had been causing him to have back pain. Mine was starting to have some issues as well, so we decided it was time for something new. We got a love seat with a center console this time. We had to do a little rearranging of furniture, but it does take up less space than two recliners. I have my little sewing bag and hand cream stashed in the console.
I'm not sure I'm using this space as intended, but the TV remote, sometimes my cell phone and my stash of Peppermint Patties fit nicely!

One last thing...
I will be starting a hand applique project soon. Snow Happy Ornaments is a pattern for twelve snowmen meant to be ornaments, but I am enlarging some of them and using them to fill the spaces in a six-paned window frame. If this turns out well it will be a fair entry in the Old Window Frames category. 
I will be using wool on flannel. 
 I am trying to decide if I want a light or dark background. The fabrics are the same in both photos, I just turned the bundle so I could see how all the colors looked with both fabrics. I like both and think either will work, I'm just worried that the dark blue will be too dark with the pastels. I guess I could make up two blocks, using each background and see which I like best. OR, I could make half with the light background and half with the dark and alternate them in the window frame, or put the lights (day time) on top, darks (night time) on the bottom. 

Or, or, or. Husband and I were having a conversation earlier today about how we both tend to overthink and second guess too much! Think I am doing that with this project? 
Just a little!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love the colors of your wools. I keep saying I'm going to do something with the wool I've bought over the years. No, hasn't happened yet. Maybe this year. You can find out how many hits you are getting on your blog by going to your main blogger page. On the left hand side they list various options: Posts, Stats, Comments are the first three. If you click on Posts it shows all of your posts. On the right hand side it has two columns -- one is comments on the particular post and the other is number of views. Under stats you can also find info about views. Fun to look at but not really meaningful to me. Enjoy your stitching in 2020.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your camo chair cover is AWESOME - your Son is sure to love it! And those snowmen are cute. Just a little - you sound like me - but I'm more - Just a lot - LOL - ;))

dortha said...

You did a good job on your sons chair. I will look forward to seeing your snowman window panes.