Saturday, December 7, 2019

Making Cards

I now have five Christmas cards completed. 
I made the top three earlier this year. 
The bottom two were made today.
I don't think I will make anymore, at least not this year. I find the process of making the cards enjoyable, but I'm usually disappointed with the end result.

Since I wasn't sure if this would be something I would enjoy or stick with I didn't invest a lot into the products needed so that may be partly why my results are not as good as I would like them to be. Taking a class to learn how to correctly stamp would be helpful too. I did find some YouTube videos that were helpful and need to spend some more time watching them more.

I have several ink pads that appear to be different shades of a color, but look the same when stamped.
I stamped this card using the darker green, but as can be seen on the practice paper both ink pads stamp the same color. 
Sometimes the coverage of the ink isn't very good. I used this dark red ink. I loaded the stamp well and pressed the stamp to the card firmly, or so I thought. It is lighter than I expected. This is disappointing, especially since the ink seems to stain the stamp. I can't get it off, but it doesn't transfer later. 

I thought the fronts of these two cards turned out well. 

I sewed the one with the dark blue background fabric to the card front. For the light one I used Lite Steam-a-Seam 2 to attach the fabric to the card. I'm not sure I trust it to hold!

And, I discovered that if I hold the tablet so it is what I would call sideways (longer side to side) it positions the photo correctly. I am guessing there is a feature to rotate photos, I just haven't figured that out yet.

Still no word about the computer. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I know if I call I will be on hold for who knows how long. It's the weekend, close to Christmas, I'm sure they are busy. The computer has been shipped to the repair center and until they get back to the local store the local store can't help me. I know I can and I am figuring out the features on this tablet and how to use them, but I don't want to and shouldn't have to. 

I want my computer back. And, I want it in good working order!

No comments: