Monday, December 23, 2019

Finally

This blog post is coming to you from

Image result for drumroll image

MY COMPUTER!!!!

That's right. When out doing our Sunday morning shopping, I received a message that our computer was ready to be picked up. They fired it up in the store to make sure we thought everything looked ok. It did so we came home. I turned it on and could not connect to the internet. I was asked to enter the security key which is when I discovered that neither the mouse nor keyboard (both wireless) were working. After a frantic, frustrated call to the tech people, double checking cables were plugged in (one wasn't) and some messing around, we were set to go. YAY! It took over a month, many long minutes on hold, and lots of 'we aren't sure....' type of conversations, but we finally have our computer back. 
Now we are trying to remember how to do certain things again. That is NOT a complaint, we are happy to have it back.

Meanwhile, I have been keeping busy.
I got a request from the granddog Pokie for more bandanas.
 Six reversible bandanas were sewn up in no time. I tried to cover the holidays and likes of all of them.

I can take these to Pokie next week. My son's GF is having kidney stone surgery. Ironically, it is the same surgery that FIL recently had. Hers isn't quite as large, but will still involve a stent. She is on heavy duty pain meds and isn't allowed to drive, son can't drive (physically disabled, visually impaired) so I have been asked to help out with that. I am happy to help out. 
I am preparing some handwork for the waiting times. Hexie sewing and dishcloth knitting.
I have always taken something, usually knitting, with me to work on if I know I will be sitting and waiting for any length of time. Son used to hate when I took my knitting to his ball practices so I asked him if he would prefer that I brought hand sewing instead. He laughed and said he didn't care. My knitting in public doesn't bother him anymore. :)

I thought I was finished with the blocks for the Disappearing Double Pinwheel, but when I counted them I found I was short two. Rats. I am almost finished making those. I will save this until Retreat in January where I will have lots of floor space to lay it out.

I hope you all are finding Peace and Happiness this Christmas season.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

YAY for getting your computer back!! Cute bandanas - and I hope your Son's GF's surgery goes well. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and Very Happy New Year - ;))