Thursday, December 5, 2019

Good News/Bad News

Good news - my design wall and work area are clean.
 Bad news - it took 5 lint roller sheets to get it clean.

Good news - 48 blocks sewn which is the number needed. There are a few parts leftover, but better too many than not enough.
 Bad news- still don't like it. However, husband says it is looking better.
Good news - lessons learned. I bought this fabric as a 5 hard bundle and added a couple more fabrics. And, loved it, still love it. I just didn't get fabric with enough contrast. I also think I would have liked this pattern better had I used more fabrics for the strips instead of only six. I made notes in case I ever make this pattern again.
Bad news - I didn't plan well enough, or maybe I didn't read and understand the pattern well enough before starting. Again, lesson learned (I hope!)

Good news - I took photos of everything I have mentioned in today's post.
*EDIT - found the photos. But I had to add them differently than the last time I posted :(
Bad news - I can't find them. I used this tablet to take the pictures because I haven't figured out how to transfer photos from my phone to the tablet.

Good news - the computer is being repaired. I think.
Bad news - no one seems to know quite where the computer is. After many minutes on the phone, pressing numbers trying to track the computer, then on hold waiting for information, and a day of waiting for a call back that didn't happen I repeated it all again today only to be told that the computer HAS been sent to the repair center, but the trail ended there. I have been told it is being checked into and I should receive a call within 24 hours letting me know the status.

Good news - technology is good, mostly.
Bad news - technology isn't always good. Automated phone options are fine when a quick and easy answer is needed. But, when it is more complicated an option to talk to a real person would be nice. I was unable to get the info I needed from the website, which is what the 'on hold message' kept telling me to do. I ended up choosing an option that was not what I needed and the person who finally answered was not happy with me when I asked to be transferred to the right department, but I needed to talk to a real person. I am having this issue with every business number I call. I am really looking forward to getting the computer back. It is frustrating trying to do things on the tablet that I usually do - and know how to do - on the computer.

Good news - at least for now, FIL seems to be agreeable to staying at the nursing home. His second surgery for kidney stone removal should get scheduled soon.
Bad news - the man is a manipulative liar. He stirs the pot - tells Husband one thing, tells his daughter something else so they are both upset with each other all the time. He seems to get some kind of kick out it. I don't understand that kind of behavior. It's not new, he's always been this way.

I will end with good news - it is a sunny day with not much wind so husband is able to do some field work. And, I still have some time left in my day to work on something. I just have to decide what - cleaning, organizing, new project?? Hmm.



1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Good news - bad news - I'm glad you can see the good in everything - sometimes it isn't easy! I had to laugh - my first thought as I was reading along was "Only 5?!?!" - it would take a lot more than 5 to clean off my design wall - LOL - ;))