Friday, May 1, 2020

A Flimsy

The last few days have been cloudy, rainy, windy, cool, gloomy, depressing.

I mailed off the last set of masks I made. I'm sure Son will let me know when they arrive. I made some slight modifications to one for him. He has a full beard and the first one I made for him doesn't stay in place, sliding down off his nose or up exposing his mouth. So I made one longer from nose to chin and added some elastic to the bottom edge with just a little bit of give to make it a more fitted under his chin. I hope it gives him better protection. I don't have a photo, but picture it in a camo knit fabric. I knew he would be more likely to wear it if it was camo - his favorite color, as he likes to say.

This whole coronavirus thing and making the masks causes so many emotions for me and the gloomy weather doesn't help. I just can't seem to concentrate on things that  require much attention or precision. So I decided to work on one of the Stash Buster Challenge 2020 quilts I started. It is an easy block to put together and I needed to sew up a few more to have enough to finish this one. 
I like the bright colors. The fabric ranges from batiks, to calicos, to novelty prints and everything in between. I used up some scraps and stash. It is a nice snuggle size. 

I think this might be a nice quilt for a youngster. Making an appearance in this quilt are Tow Mater and Lightning McQueen, Christmas Smiley, colorful rabbits, cats and cows, a school bus.
Beagles, Mickey, horses, George, chickens, frogs, butterflies.
A fun-to-look-at quilt.

I debated about adding a border, but I think I like as is. Now to find a backing and get it quilted and bound.

Today the sun is shining and it is warmer and not windy so maybe some outside time will help me feel better.

Stay safe and well.

No comments: