Thursday, May 28, 2020

Yellow/Orange and a Recipe

A walk around my yard shows a lot of yellow/orange blooms.
 
Calibrachoa is a trailing small petunia-like flower. I hope it trails down over the sides of this old milk can. 
I love the colors!

 
Dandelion and Yellow Oxalis - I know most people consider both of these plants weeds, but I love the pop of yellow throughout my yard. The sunflowers next to the Yellow Oxalis will bloom yellow later in the summer.

 Western Wall Flower - this was transferred from my brother's prairie.


Iris - darker yellow and lighter yellow. They are really pretty mixed in with the purple phlox.
I saw this young one when I took a letter to the mailbox.
Here is a closer view if you can't see it in the top photo.

I tried a new recipe - Chicken Bacon Ranch Stuffed Shells.
It is good, but I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I couldn't find shells on my last shopping trip so I substituted wide egg noodles. I don't use fresh garlic quickly enough so I don't keep it on hand. I found a squeeze minced garlic in olive oil that is kept in the fridge so it lasts much longer. I used that. I used a package of Ranch dressing mix. I used 2 cans of chicken breast meat. I made the sauce as directed, then mixed everything else in. I did save out a little shredded cheese and crumbled bacon for the top. Husband likes it so I will try again when I can find shells. The recipe says it serves six. We will get four meals each out of this. Next time I might make only half the recipe.

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your flowers - I like dandelions, too - the little pop of yellow in the green grass always makes me smile. And another recipe to try - YUM!! You have found some GREAT recipes - thanks for sharing - ;))