Saturday, May 16, 2020

Back At It

I got the Sweet n' Sassy top together. 
Backing has been ordered because I had absolutely nothing in my stash to go with it. 
I know, hard to believe, right!?

And, now I am back at it making masks. The hospital where my niece works distributes a lot of masks - to all their clinics, staff and other ways throughout the community. I received an email that there is an increased need for masks since our governor has stated that everyone over the age of 2 years should be wearing masks in public. The email stated that they mostly distribute the standard rectangle masks with pleats and ear elastic since most community members are only wearing them for a short time, but also requested some with ties for their staff who are wearing the masks for longer periods. The staff also would like masks with kid friendly fabrics so as to 
make it less scary for their young patients. So I sorted through my juvenile stash.
I am going to try a couple different mask patterns.
Began cutting
and sewing
and will continue on,
until I run out of elastic I guess.
Better get busy.

Stay well and safe.

No comments: