Tuesday, May 12, 2020

I decided to try to work my way to the closet, but not clean out the closet just yet (thanks for that advice!) as I have nowhere to go with the things I no longer want. It would be nice to use that space for storage, but I can get by. Besides I have found that it may be a good idea for me to go through my stuff again every few months. I find I have a new perspective on things when I look at them again. The last two days as I have been sorting in little bits of time I am finding projects that I have decided I am no longer interested in and some I want to finish now or in the near future.

A few years ago I had made myself a cute wrap-around skirt from a piece of beautiful linen with an embroidered border. (Can't find a photo of the skirt.) I just don't wear skirts. My job as a kindergarten aide required a lot of kneeling, bending over and sitting in tiny chairs to get on the same level as the students. Skirts just didn't work for me. But, I love the fabric. That skirt is now a tunic.
Then I found some clothes that I needed to hem or alter in some way. Some of them I just don't care enough about to mess with so I bagged them up to donate when I am able to do that. As I kept sorting I found some more things that I will work on soon.
On the left is a placemat panel that will become 4 placemats each for my SIL and niece. In the middle is a flat sheet that will become a fitted sheet and 3 pairs of pants that need something or other done but first I will try them on to see if I am still interested. On the right is a little pile of fabric leftovers calling to me. I think they will make a cute baby quilt. I have no babies to sew for but I can donate it.

Husband is in the field again today so I have lots of alone time to get some work done.

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That was a great idea to remake the skirt into a tunic - it is so pretty! Congratulations on being able to sort through some of your stuff - ;))