Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Around My Yard

Yesterday I took a little walk around my yard - in the drizzling rain.

I saw
Purple Moss Phlox growing beside the garage.
Purple and White Violets growing under the apple tree.
Poppies starting to open. They grow in three different areas around my house. I just love that bright pop of orange.
Yellow Iris just opening up.
There are purple and yellow iris that will be opening soon.
Tall Garden Phlox in the corner.
Sugar Snap Peas coming up in one of the raised beds. Or could be bush beans. I can't remember.
Plants I bought recently. Besides some annuals and perennials there is a tomato and four cantaloupe seedlings. It is still too wet to put them in the ground. 
See, too wet.

I have a small section of fence out by the road that I put a string of solar globe lights on. 
I noticed the last few nights they haven't come on. I figured with the cloudy, rainy weather we have had they weren't getting enough sunlight. Then I thought maybe the grass growing up around the fence was blocking the sun. So I went out to weed the grass and noticed something.
Yeah, don't let this sweet little face fool you. 
I am pretty sure if it wasn't this one it was one of his buddies that is responsible.

Meanwhile, inside I loaded some placemats on the quilt frame.


My SIL will like these. Somehow a binding seam ended up at a corner on three of the four placemats. 

I will give these to her on Saturday at the blood drive in memory of my brother. 
I hope they have a good turn out this year. Things will be different because of all the COVID-19 craziness. I am not sure they will encourage many people to hang out and visit like they have in the past.

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

VERY wet!! Such a sweet face - must have been one of his buddies - LOL. Love your placemats - very cheerful. I hope they have a good turn out for the blood drive - in spite of all of this crazy - your brother is surely missed - ;))