Monday, May 4, 2020

What I Am Doing

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I have nothing new on my design wall. 
I have not done any more work on Designer Star.
That's not to say I have been doing nothing. I did some prep work on Snow Much Fun, a free BOM pattern from Quilt Doodle Doodles
I have one block finished and all the others ready to be appliqued.

Over the weekend I shared some rhubarb with one of my friends. 

We had a nice socially distanced and masked up visit.


I loaded Circle of Life on the frame yesterday, ready to start quilting today. It will probably take me a few days to get it quilted.
That stack back in the upper left corner - quilts waiting to be quilted. There are 13 all together. I just have not felt motivated to finish them. Maybe once I get going on Circle of Life I will want to quilt them.

I started this morning by cutting some fabric for a mask for Husband. He has a mask - we keep ours in the car.
But he decided maybe he needs another to keep in his farm vehicle. He requested something with less of a pattern, maybe gray or black. I have one cut ready to sew. 
Mottled black one one side, gray ombre on the other. He can use whichever side he wants.

Before I sew that up I had to hem some jeans. I do not like have to do mending/altering of clothing. I ordered two pairs of jeans a few weeks ago. Same brand, same size, different colors. I knew as soon as I put on the khaki colored pair that they were not sized correctly. I checked the tags. The tags show they are the same - same size, Average length.
However, when I put them together it was clear that even though the size was the same the length was not.

 
It's clear to me that the khaki jeans should have been marked as Tall not Average. I wish people would just do their jobs! I don't mind so much that they are longer at the waist/torso area, but they were much too long at the hem, even longer than they seem in the photo. I folded them up about an inch and a quarter, but they were still too long. I folded them up that much again. That's better. I know I should have cut them and folded them, but I didn't and they look fine. 

Son sent me a photo of him wearing his new mask. It doesn't look much different than the first one, but he says it fits much better under the chin. That's good.
GF had not been feeling well and had a fever. Her employer insisted she be tested for coronavirus. She tested negative, thank God! But she had had a fever and is not allowed to return to work until 72 hours fever free which is today, but today is her regularly scheduled day off so she will return to work tomorrow. 

And my package - the one that has been criss-crossing the state? 

Date Location Event
  • May 3, 2020 12:00am US In Transit to Next Facility
  • May 2, 2020 4:05am CHAMPAIGN IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
  • May 1, 2020 7:05pm CHAMPAIGN IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
  • May 1, 2020 3:12pm CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Departed USPS Regional Facility
  • May 1, 2020 6:03am CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
  • May 1, 2020 5:25am CAROL STREAM IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Departed USPS Regional Facility
  • May 1, 2020 5:04am CAROL STREAM IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
  • Apr 30, 2020 10:09pm CHAMPAIGN IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
  • Apr 30, 2020 10:07pm PALATINE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
  • Apr 30, 2020 6:28am SAINT LOUIS MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Departed USPS Regional Facility
  • Apr 29, 2020 2:55am SAINT LOUIS MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
  • Apr 29, 2020 1:40am LEBANON, IL 62254, US Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
  • Apr 27, 2020 12:14pm Lebanon, IL 62254, US Shipping Label Created
Still traveling. I hope it is enjoying the trip! I had gotten a USPS Informed Delivery message that is would be delivered Saturday. Didn't happen. Info this morning shows nothing about delivery for today. Who knows when I will get it.

Stay safe and well.

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks for the eye candy - I always enjoy seeing what you're playing with! I had the same problem when I hemmed my friend's pants - same size but different lengths. I was afraid to cut them - but determined the "in-seam" length from a pair that fit her well - added 1-1/2" for a double 3/4" hem and used that to mark and cut the rest. Hope you get your package soon - at least it's still in the "US" - for now - LOL - ;))

Robin said...

I have had the same problem with my jeans. I bought the same brand and the same size but the crotch is too long. Crazy. Hope you package comes soon.