Friday, May 1, 2020

A New Month

I cannot believe it is May already!

And, today is a beautiful day! The sun is shining, mid-60s temps, light breeze. I decided I needed to get some fresh air, pull some weeds and hopefully change my mood. This should help.

How can the sight of flowers blooming, even if they are 'just' dandelions and ladybugs not cheer a person up? You can't tell from that photo, but the poppies are not far off from blooming. 

The yard also is giving me good things to eat.
Asparagus - one of my favorites. My husband does not like it, at all, but he picks it for me. What a great guy. The rhubarb is doing well too. It looked like it got a little frost bite a few weeks ago, but it is looking good now. Looks like I will be doing some baking.

In very early March I took a little trip with my quilt friends and got this bundle of fabrics that I just couldn't leave behind. I had looked at it the last two times I had been at that shop and passed it up thinking I already have enough fabric. This last time it was still there which I took as a sign that it was suppose to come home with me. 
The piece of fabric in this pack that I am really drawn to is the paisley stripe. 
The shop didn't have anymore of that, but I really didn't need it if I followed the pattern designed for this 1/2 yard bundle that the shop owner designed. But the more I thought about it the more I decided I really did want this stripe for a border which would make the quilt a little bigger. Or I could use a different pattern. Anyway, I found the stripe through an Etsy shop on-line and ordered it on April 25. It shipped on the 27th. 



Date Location Event
  • May 1, 2020 6:03am CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
  • May 1, 2020 5:25am CAROL STREAM IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Departed USPS Regional Facility
  • May 1, 2020 5:04am CAROL STREAM IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
  • Apr 30, 2020 10:09pm CHAMPAIGN IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
  • Apr 30, 2020 10:07pm PALATINE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
  • Apr 30, 2020 6:28am SAINT LOUIS MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Departed USPS Regional Facility
  • Apr 29, 2020 2:55am SAINT LOUIS MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER, US Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
  • Apr 29, 2020 1:40am LEBANON, IL 62254, US Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
  • Apr 27, 2020 12:14pm Lebanon, IL 62254, US Shipping Label Created

Lebanon is near St. Louis. Palatine is north of me, Champaign is south of me. Carol Stream is north of me. I don't know how the package went from Palatine to Champaign in 2 minutes. I am guessing it was maybe in Champaign and not Palatine and then went to Carol Stream. Palatine and Carol Stream are both in the Chicago area. 

I am suppose to get the package tomorrow. I know COVID-19 has changed a lot of things, but this is normal for me. My packages seem to criss-cross my part of the country several times before finally being delivered to me. I am not in any great hurry for this fabric, but I am glad I ordered when I did. I couldn't find it on any of the quilt store websites I checked.

So, baking today; sewing tomorrow maybe.

Stay safe and well. 

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE the paisley stripe!! And it's not just you - my packages sometimes take the "scenic route" before they get to my house - LOL - ;))