Saturday, May 9, 2020

Well, Good Morning!

When I was looking out my front door this morning I saw this little critter hopping around the flower bed.

Then it came right over to the steps as if to say "Good morning". 

We had a freeze warning for last night so Husband brought me a bouquet.
It did freeze. I am hoping that the lilacs, peonies and poppies that have buds will still bloom. My apple tree is loaded with blossoms. 
It would be nice to still get apples. I guess we will have to wait and see. 

Meanwhile, I have been busy at the quilt frame with Circle of Life.

It is now off the frame and the binding will get attached today. I will sew it down while watching TV.

Husband and I ventured to his Pulmonology* appointment on Thursday. We wore masks and had our temperature taken when we entered the hospital. This doctor thinks that Husband does NOT have COPD, but rather asthma. He says it is often hard to tell one from the other, but his lungs are clear, he isn't worried about the small nodules/slightly enlarged lymph nodes seen in the last CT scan (said that he sees that every day in his patients, it's common in the farming state we live in, and is generally not a serious health issue) and feels that the sleep apnea is minor. He changed one of the inhaled medications and a CT scan has been ordered to see if there are any changes in the lungs/chest from a few months ago. I find this slightly encouraging. What I find discouraging is that the health insurance company will not approve the new medication so the doctor increased the dosage on the one Husband is currently taking. They had also not approved the PET scan ordered by the heart doctor after the nodules and enlarged lymph nodes were seen in the last CT scan. But, after meeting with the Pulmonologist* I understand why they might not have seen that it was necessary. I just find it frustrating that health insurance companies can and do refuse treatment and tests that medical doctor feels are necessary for treating their patients. 

Hope you stay safe and well.

*Blogger is underlining these words in red which indicates that they are misspelled. I looked them both up and they are spelled correctly. 

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Cute little critter! I'm glad to hear the encouraging news - and agree with you about insurance companies. BOB would like to see their medical degrees - LOL - ;))