Wednesday, May 6, 2020

A New Recipe

Yesterday I decided to try my hand at baking with yeast. I haven't done that kind of baking in years since it takes so much time what with all the mixing and kneading and raising. But I have all kinds of time now so why not?

I used this recipe for Blackberry Lime Filled Cinnamon Twists but adapted it for apples because I didn't  have any blackberries or lime zest and Husband isn't fond of blackberries anyway. I do have apples though. And I really think any kind of fruit could be used. I think I could have used more cinnamon/sugar in the dough layer. I will increase that if I make these again.
They were good right out of the oven. So good that Husband ate one and went back for another about 15 minutes after eating the first one. I put them in plastic containers but did not seal them tightly. I warmed them for a few seconds in the microwave this morning for breakfast. They were better right out of the oven, but not too bad. 

When taking a look around my yard I noticed that the the apple tree is blooming and the lilac bushes have many buds.

We have a freeze/frost warning for Friday. I'm thinking there will not be apples for us this year and I probably won't get to enjoy the lilacs either.

I have noticed Slow Guy driving by every day the last few days. I'm glad he was able to get his vehicle running. 

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Those look yummy - and I'm glad Slow Guy is OK - ;))