Monday, March 2, 2020

Design Wall Monday

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I am working on Circle of Life again.
Be Colourful Quilt Pattern  Circle of Life  Foundation Paper image 0

I worked on and finished one border today.
 
 


Each border has 73 pointy triangles. They take a little time to piece and since they are long they are a little unwieldy. I found that folding up the ends and pinning or clipping them made it a little easier to handle. As I worked I unfolded and refolded so I had a nice size to work with.

I follow Pat Sloan and she is doing a Crazy Quilty March Event. Each day she will give a prompt to encourage us to make improvements related to quilting. Today's prompt was 'an assistant' - something used to make the quilting process better - can it be better organized? One of her examples was a 3 tiered rolling cart. I have one of those.
It is pretty organized right now. It looks messy, but I know exactly what it contains and they are all projects that I will be working on at some point, hopefully soon. Behind the cart to the left is my beautiful green cabinet. It rolls. It has several drawers. It could be better organized. It is still a work in progress and I will continue working on this.

Another assistant I have is this thing that clamps right to the table called Table Mama. Actually, I have two of these.
The one by my sewing machine holds scissors, seam ripper, rotary cutters, cleaning tools, etc. There is even a place for a small pin cushion. At this spot I also have another clamp (the purple one) meant for a beverage, but I filled an empty glass with marking tools, tweezers, etc. 
This one is  called the Sassy Clip.
The other Table Mama is on the big table in the garage. It holds a rotary cutter, scissors, small sticky notes, pencil, tape measure and a pin cushion. They are all pretty organized with the things I want close at hand.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You look pretty organized to me!! - ;))