Sunday, March 29, 2020

Thankful

To see what other quilters are up to go to

In this crazy, scary time I realize I have much to be thankful for.

I am thankful that the severe storms that were possible in my area yesterday did not happen. I know other places were not so lucky.

I am thankful for the hopeful signs of Spring and the feeling that life will go on.
I am thankful for beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

I am thankful that so far none of my family or anyone I know has become ill due to this horrible virus.

I am thankful that Husband and I keep a good amount of food and supplies on hand regularly. We are set for a while.

I am thankful for my craft/fabric stash. I have plenty of projects and materials to keep me busy for a long time. A few weeks ago I was happily pulling fabric for a quilt. 
Now I am pulling fabric for masks. 

I've made 53 so far. Some with elastic, some with ties. But I ran out of elastic and energy. So I ordered more elastic and am doing other things while waiting for it to be delivered.

Today I pulled some batting scraps, pieced them, pieced a back and loaded this 60" quilt on the frame. 

It is Charm Quilt on Point from Missouri Star Quilt Company. A supply list and YouTube tutorial can be found here. I chose the Ravioli design board because it made me think of the crazy way a ball of yarn unwinds when kitties are at play. Or the way butterflies flit about on a meandering path. This is definitely a girly quilt. I got about half way through and will probably be able to finish up tomorrow morning before the elastic arrives. I will still need to cut more fabric for masks though. 

All of this is making me feel frightened, angry, and tired. I know that there are people who are much more frightened and tired than I am. With that in mind I will practice social distancing as much as possible and be thankful for what I have. 

Be safe and well.

1 comment:

Judy Hansen said...

Hi Cindy, Bless you for making masks, quilters are so great at stepping up when a crisis happens. Thank you, thank you. I had some of that colorful kitty fabric given to me, and I used it for a baby quilt. It is so cheerful! Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, Judy