Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Lists

It is likely that very little sewing will be done today. Father-in-Law has a couple of medical appointments today. Husband and Sister-in-Law are taking him to those. I applaud my husband for insisting that his sister be involved with parental care this time around, even though it would be easier for he and I to do it without her. She did very little to help when her mother was ill. It all fell on my husband's shoulders. She is not happy about being forced to be involved so she insists that Husband go with her to the appointments. This means Husband will be out of the house for a bit today. I have things to do. Things that are easier to do when he is gone. I made a list.

I know I most likely will not finish everything on the list so I am trying to do the most important things first. 

I am also following along with Pat Sloan's Crazy Quilty March calendar. She is giving prompts every day to help people organize their sewing spaces, finish projects, etc. I find that even though I don't need someone to tell me what to do everyday I get more done if I have a plan. Sometimes I need a little help making a plan.
Sunday was an 'Assistant'. Identify something that assists you in your quilting. I have a lovely green cabinet that Husband thought I needed. He was so right! 

I am still in the process of organizing it. I have moved things around in the drawers a couple of times trying to figure out what will work the best for me. It's getting there.

Monday was the day to find a fabric that has been in your stash a long time and come up with a plan to use it. Rather than starting a new project I chose Circle of Life since that has been in my stash for 3 years. I am progressing.


Yesterday was a project that 'needs your love', in Pat's words. Again, I chose Circle of Life since I love it and it needs to be finished. 

Today is tidying up. Pat talks about making your space tidy so it is easy and enjoyable to work in it. I have a big table in my garage that is great for laying out projects and cutting, especially big pieces and trimming quilts after quilting.

When we brought it home Husband said he was making a rule that things were not allowed to pile up on the table. Oops.

When I visited my parents recently I brought home some boxes of things they had been storing for me...since I graduated HS/College. The boxes got set on the table. I have been going through them trying to decide what to toss and what to keep. I need to find a place for the things I want to keep. Some of it I don't want to keep, but know someone will want it. Some of it can be used for Bingo prizes at Retreat. The local nursing facility will want some of it to sell in their garage sale-style tent during the fall fundraiser. They don't want the things now, so I have to figure out how and where to store it here. Some of it will go in the trash. As soon as I say a proper goodbye to it. I need this table cleaned off. I have a quilt to trim so I can get the binding sewn on. I have several projects I want to cut out. I need to get busy!

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Looks like you're plenty busy! - ;))