Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Waiting

for several things.

Waiting on more elastic to arrive.
I have 22 masks made. I will be dividing them up between the hospitals where my SIL and niece work. Both have made requests.
I have 14 more sets cut out. Edit: I have cut more since I started this post.
I am out of elastic. More is on the way, though!

Before I started making masks I finished the cover for the photo album.

The pieced star was entered in the fair a couple of years ago in the 12 Inch Block Category. It got a 3rd place ribbon. Now it will be a fair entry (if there is a fair) this year in the Photo Album Cover category.

Waiting on better connections. The internet is slow, TV reception is bad, cell phone is slow.

In between the waiting I am knitting.
I have a small stash of cotton and scrubbie yarn that I use to make dish clothes and scrubbies. My goal is to use most of it up. Then I will have a small stash of dish clothes.

Waiting for Husband's test results, insurance approval, more tests and appointments to be scheduled. The appointment with the doctor yesterday left  me feeling a little bit angry and a whole lot frustrated. I'm feeling better today, but we did not get the answers to questions we had. I appreciate and am thankful for the people in the medical field and I know this is a scary time, but the symptoms my husband is having he has been having for several years and we are not getting satisfactory answers.

Waited for the fog to lift this morning. That took until around noon. The temperature was warmer and the sun did shine this afternoon so that was nice.

Waiting for things to calm down with the mask making so I can get back to this.
Waiting for my turn at the computer so I can check in with Pat's daily challenge.
Saturday was National Quilting Day. Pat provided a pattern and suggested that we have a Sew-Along as a way to stay connected in this crazy situation we are all in. She provided a pattern - Scrap Happy 'Little Wishes' Challenge. I did not sew along, but it's a cute quilt. I certainly have scraps to use up.

Sunday's challenge was Friends - try to connect with some quilting friends on-line, phone call, Facetime, etc. I did have a conversation through Facebook Messenger with some of my quilt friends.

Monday's challenge was Favorite Tool. She didn't include her sewing machine, but suggested another tool that helps you. Her favorite tools were a small cleaning brush and cloth, seam ripper, stileto. I mine would be my seam ripper. It fits my hand nicely. The handle is cushy and easier to hold. I do enjoy my rotary cutter. It is the Olfa Quick Change. It is so easy to change the blade.

Tuesday's challenge was Notions. Look at yours. Do you have one you haven't tried yet, or one you haven't used in a while. Try it out now. If you decide you don't like it pass it on to someone else who may be happy to have it. One thing Pat talked about was Wonder Clips, she loves them. I don't see the point in them. I like my pins, but several of my quilt friends use them and like them a lot. I like all the notions I have, I guess. I can't think of anything I have that I don't use, except of couple of rulers, but I haven't started the projects they go with yet.

Today's challenge was Kits - projects you have started. Go through yours. Pick one or two and look through them to make sure all the parts and pieces are there. Or are there things that shouldn't be in there. Tidy them up. My most current kit is the masks. I have all the fabric cut and sets made. I am just waiting on elastic.

While we all wait for this to be over I hope you are all safe and comfortable. Be well.

No comments: