Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Spring?

Is that you?

Looking out my front door I am starting to see signs of Spring.
Tulip leaves poking through.
And Crocuses or Croci (either is acceptable) blooms that are close to opening.

Still following along with Pat Sloan's calendar:
On Monday she discussed left over binding - what do you do with it? Use it for scrap bindings? Throw it away? 
I cut my binding 2 1/2 inches, usually on the straight of grain, so it goes in my 2 1/2 inch strip/square drawer to be used in scrap quilts.
On Tuesday the prompt was about books. Are there any books you are missing in your collection? Books for certain techniques, inspirations, etc.? She made a few recommendations. Personally, I am trying to reduce the number of books and magazines in my collection. I have pulled a few to take to the next Sew Day with my group.
The prompt for today was Bright and Shiny or being distracted/overwhelmed with multiple projects. Her suggestion is to plan well and stay organized. Keep up with BOMs or BOWs. I recently did an inventory of my projects in progress and in the planning stages. I took photos, made a spread sheet and am planning to work down the list. I am currently working on Circle of Life and Stash Busters Challenge 2020 with some 365 Challenge thrown in occasionally. 

Once a project is done I will mark it as done on the spread sheet and chose a new project. Sounds like a good plan, right?