Saturday, February 29, 2020

Quilted and Other Stuff

I got the quilting finished on the Cow quilt.
I had thought about switching to gray in the face area, but my machine made the decision for me. It didn't like me switching and kept having thread breaks. So it is quilted with the same thread througout. Husband says it looks fine and makes the cow look like it has curly hair on it's face - just like his bull does! 
I folded a bit of the backing around and pinned it to the front. I think I will use that for binding. There will be plenty enough once I trim it. 
In other news the geraniums are blooming. So cheerful in these blah winter months, even when it's dark outside.

We got a little snow the other day. It drifted around the ramp where a rabbit like to hang out. I am thinking this might make a snug little hidey hole for the rabbit. 
The next day it seems Rabbit made a doorway through the snow. 
When Rabbit isn't under the ramp, it is hanging out under this old bench.
 It's a good hiding spot. Can you see it?
 Maybe this will help.
This morning I got an even better shot.
I do enjoy the rabbits, except when they eat my flowers.

This morning I noticed these footprints in the snow. 
I hope they are from a cat. There is a stray tom cat that seems to make his way between several of the neighboring farms every few days. Husband hasn't seen him for a week, so I hope these are his footprints. He is a nice cat. According to husband he doesn't make messes in the barn or fight with the barn cats like other stray tom cats have done. Every once in a while I see him around the house or on the ramp. The mouse population seems to be less since this cat has been visiting. I hope he continues to visit us.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

The cow looks great!! I agree with your husband - it looks like curly hair on the face. The rabbit "doorway" is funny - your geraniums are lovely - and I hope the cat hangs around to help control the mouse population. What are you going to play with next? - ;))