Thursday, February 13, 2020

Adventure

with my quilty friends is always fun. Yesterday we went on a quick trip because of the weather that was predicted for later in the day. We picked up my sewing machine after it had a cleaning at The Fabric Center, a lovely shop with friendly staff and then went on to Countryside Village, a nice place that had lots of interesting things and fabric.

I showed great restraint! 
At the Fabric Center I got one FQ. 
I love this texture, not quite a solid, and color, a lovely dark teal.

I enjoyed Countryside Village. They have lovely home decorating items, kitchen supplies, soup and dip mixes, jams and jellies, wine and a fabric room. I did find four FQs that will be used for the 365 Challenge. I cut fabric for some more blocks. 
Here are two of the fabrics before I cut into them.
The top right triangles and the triangles just below them are two of the other FQs from Countryside Village. 

Then it was time for lunch and home. We got home just as the snow started - good timing!
Before I went to bed it was still snowing.
The small dots are flakes of snow that are lit up by the laser light. Yes, it's still on. We like it.
This morning looks like this.
Not a LOT of snow, but enough to cause problems and slick roads. 

Two days ago the sunset looked like this.

I thought the clouds were interesting.

The colors became more beautiful as the sun set, although I can never seem to quite capture that with a photo. 

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

One FQ - that's GREAT restraint! Your blocks and sunset look great - the snow - not so much - LOL - ;))