Thursday, February 13, 2020

An Oops and a Finish

Well, an almost finish. Today I added borders to a top that has been finished (except the border) for a loooonnnggg time. I don't remember when I started it. I know there are photos, but I have been trying to organize my photos and haven't found it yet. It started out as a panel, I am thinking maybe for pillows, but it's been so long I can't remember. Anyway, I put some 4-patch blocks together with some plain blocks with fabric I probably had in my stash and came up with a top, but I wanted it bigger. Then I found this awesome border.  
Now it is 63 x 80, a good size.

The oops is that when I was sewing the borders to the top I found a small - 1/2 inch - cut in the fabric just outside of the seam line. 
If I sew a bigger seam I will lose the scroll design. So I fused a small piece of black fabric on the back where the cut is. 
I did a little bit of stitching to hold it closed before I fused it. Hopefully the quilting will help hold it all together, too. I know where it is and can find it easily, but I think it is hard to see. Can you see it?

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Awesome choice for the border!! And NO - I assume it's in the black background of the scroll but I can't see it - you did a great job of hiding it - ;))

Dolly said...

No, I TRIED and TRIED, and I can NOT see it. Great solution ! In fact, I think this whole top is a great use of fabrics, from the panel butterflies to the gorgeous border. I can't believe it's so big (I'm glad that you added that information).....I thought that I was looking at a tablerunner. That is going to make ONE fabulous quilt.

I'm glad I found your blog........thanks for visiting mine and commenting. Please come back !