Saturday, November 30, 2019

Using it up

I used to make a lot - around 75 - knitted dish clothes every year. My mom requested them for small gifts for her co-workers, home extension club members, friends, etc. And I always liked to have a few on hand for myself too. Well, both of us are now retired, her home extension group has kind of fizzled. Her friends are elderly and some are no longer with us. I still have some yarn left. I am knitting it up hoping to empty the bins holding the yarn. That should leave me with about 20 dish clothes and 5-6 scrubbies and a couple of empty bins.
I have also started to pull UFOs to figure out what I need to do to finish them. I need to stop creating them! Many were started several years go. Figuring out what still needs to be done, finding fabric - for borders, more blocks, whatever - is often hard, not to mention frustrating and time consuming. I have gotten better at making notes as I go along which makes it easier when I pick it back up again, but still, I need to stop doing it.
These are parts and pieces for Diamond Head by Cozy Quilt Designs.

I am trying to figure out why I abandon projects before they are finished. Sometimes I want to try a new technique or tool. Sometimes the project takes a long time and I just want to move on to something new. Sometimes I get stuck with an idea that isn't working like I thought it would. Sometimes I decide I just don't like the project. I really need to get on with things and get some projects finished so I can get my sewing areas better organized.

I will be so glad to get the computer back! I find using my tablet or phone frustrating. Hopefully next week.

No comments: