Saturday, November 2, 2019

It's Been a Week!

Some THING has had to be dealt with every single day this week. Between Husband's cell phone not working right and trying to get that figured out, to the landline having static issues, to farm machinery, to ..... the list goes on.

Got a replacement cell phone for Husband today. I had to re-enter all his contacts, which weren't many, thank goodness. On a positive note, customer service was very helpful with this issue.

The landline phone repairman was here a couple of days ago. We spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone and had an appointment for Tuesday, but he came the next day! I wonder if the strong words my husband had for them helped that along! Phone worked great when he left. Not so much today. A lot of static is an ongoing issue here. They do a patch repair, but not at real repair that will last a long time. That would involve replacing lines that are buried in the ground. I think they are hoping we just give up on having a landline altogether.

The farm machinery took getting a new battery and ordering a part. It is good now, although Husband smashed a finger and cut his hand during all that. Not to worry though, he is fine, just sore.

We got snow and wind on Halloween. Blah.
My niece had posted a video of my late brother on Facebook. That was the first thing I saw this morning. That made me sad. My dad's birthday is today. He is dealing with Alzheimer's which means my mom is dealing with it too. It is tradition in our family to call the birthday person and sing Happy Birthday to them. I called mid-morning since he seems to be a little more 'with it' early in the day. He didn't know who I was and couldn't understand me. I did spend a little time talking to my mom, which was good. She assures me he is not aggressive or mean, just forgetting things and saying things that don't make much sense. That made me sad. I had ordered a T-shirt for my son for Christmas. It came quickly, but was much too small. However, a new one was shipped right away. Great customer service again.
Something else I ordered from somewhere else over a month ago has not arrived. I sent the seller a request for a refund today. We'll see what happens with that.

All of this left me feeling restless or something today. I have flitted from one thing to another all day without really being able to settle on working on any one thing very long. My cell phone is slow, the TV stations are not coming in well, the computer is slow. 

I tried to read some blogs, but got frustrated waiting for pages to load.
I knitted a bit.
I quilted a bit.
I sewed a bit.
Husband turned on the electric fireplace the other evening. 
The TV remote also works with the fireplace. Have to be careful with the back button and the #5 button or else the temperature rises or the thing shuts off completely. 

I suppose part of my problem is due to the weather. You can see how gray and gloomy it is in these next photos.
With the crops coming out I can now see to the corners, half a mile away in each direction. 
People driving barely stopped at the stop signs before the crops started being harvested. I guess they surely will not be stopping at the stop signs now.

Tomorrow is a new day. Hopefully it will be better than the last few have been.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That was a week! Hopefully this next one will have more happy things happening. By the way - our TV remote works one of our fans, too - we change the channel and turn the fan off - LOL - ;))