Wednesday, November 6, 2019

I Sure is Noisy Around Here!

I always knew the farmers were busy in the fields this time of year, but I didn't get to witness it when I was working. 
Between the furnace, TV and sewing machine already making noise I keep hearing things.

Early this morning, before 8:00, this big truck delivered lime to be spread on the field across from the house.
It was back several more times throughout the morning. While that guy was busy delivering lime, the farmer in the field behind him to the southwest is busy working the ground.  
I can really hear him every time he is at this end of the field.

The farmer to the north is busy combining corn.
If you look to the far right in this photo you can see the green grain wagon in that field.

And, then directly south of our house is a bean field. That guy is busy working in that field. 
It comes right up to the edge of our farm and I can hear him every time he gets up by the fence. 

Then my own farmer came in the drive.
You can't see it but the guy working that south field was behind Husband's combine when I took this photo. Hence, all the dust.

Every time I hear one of those farmers or trucks I think someone is here. I have some orders I am expecting to be delivered and the furnace guy is coming to do an annual check sometime today so I have been jumping up to look out the door or windows all day! I'm not getting much done today. But, I am thankful it isn't raining (or snowing) and the fields are dry enough that the farmers can be out working. I think they are happy about it too.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You may not be getting much done - but it sounds like you are getting a good bit of exercise jumping up and down - LOL - ;))