Friday, November 8, 2019

Sew Day

Yesterday was Sew Day. I usually take my GFG handwork to work on, but this time I took my machine. We all were working on making For Evergreen door or wall decorations. Here is one link to the pattern. They all turned out lovely and none were the same. Some used very elegant Christmas fabric, some used novelty prints for their children or grandchildren, some used Christmas fabric on one side and fall fabric on the other. Some attached jingles bells or buttons. There was talk of adding small ornaments to some. I don't think any of us added the star at the top as called for in the pattern. This is mine.
 

I alternated prints of gold, green and red between fussy cuts from this stripe that I had in my stash that I purchased years ago. I loved it but could quite figure out how to use it in a quilt. I will be giving this one to my son and his GF. I made it the same on both sides. Since it will likely be hung on a door with a window or in their picture window I didn't think Christmas on one side and something else on the other would look right. I may add jingle bells.  This can be made any length you want by leaving off some of the bigger bottom pieces. It is made from the trunk up, but if you start with section 5 or 4 instead of section 9 you get a shorter tree.

I also got this top almost all together. 
It still needs the green borders on the top and bottom. Then it will go into the pile waiting to be quilted.

The day before that, when I was looking out to see what was causing all the different noises, I noticed these clouds. 


Looks like someone is farming them in rows.

There was knitting done on the Cow hat.
And these arrived in the mail. 
Aren't they cute?!
My husband thought I needed these.
The one on the left is a music box. When the middle drawer is opened the music plays, the hand wheel and spool turn and the treadle goes up and down. 

As I was writing this, more NOISE! 
So I looked out the window. 
The lime is being spread. 
 
First the spreader is loaded.
 Then the lime is spread. 
I took these photos from inside the house because of the ...



...dust. 

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Cute tree - cow hat - "little" sewing machines! My quilts seem to go from one pile to another, too - LOL. And those clouds do look like they are in rows - how fun! Not so fun - all of that lime dust - ;))