Monday, November 11, 2019

Design Wall Monday

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I have nothing on my design wall at the moment. This quilt, 4-Patch on Point, is waiting to be quilted since I got the borders added and the back pieced over the weekend.

I am knitting away on the Caldwell Cow Hood. The scarf part is finished and I have started on the hood.

I  like to use sticky notes to help keep my place on the chart.

The sunset last night was beautiful. I took several photos using different filters on my phone. There is a slight difference in each one but none of them really show the color well.





Sadly, the one that shows the colors the best was taken with the flash on Auto without my realizing it until it flashed. 
Please ignore the ugly bits of this photo and look at that beautiful sunset.

This morning we had rain very early that has now changed over to snow. Not pretty snow. Fine, wind-driven, almost sleet-like snow. Yuck. I do not like winter.
I am thankful that I don't have to be anywhere today. Husband on the other hand is taking wagons full of corn to the elevator. I hope the roads are not slick yet.

One last thing. Can someone please explain this to me? On Monday I took my car in for an oil change. They always do a good job - wash the windshield and back window, vacuum the floors, air up the tires, check the air and cabin filters, check the windshield wipers and check with me before replacing any of those. And they are quick. They put a little sticker thing on the inside of the windshield to let me know when I need to start thinking about the next oil change. I appreciate all of this.
Later in the week I received this coupon, good towards my next oil change. 
Look at the dates. There is no way I am going to be able to take advantage of this coupon unless I get an oil change way earlier than needed. I get these every time I have an oil change and they always expire way before I will need the next one. I appreciate the chance for a discount, but I wish they would have just taken $7 off the oil change I just had.

Off to do some cleaning and sewing. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Perhaps they think you have a second vehicle. It's frustrating how this always works out. We must be neighbors because when we woke there was a very fine mist coming down, then about 9-930 it started snowing. The wind is horrible and its just blowing it around. Indiana and Ohio residents I've spoken to this morning are expecting far worse than I had in Illinois. Your photos are gorgeous. Bet there isn't a line at the elevator.

Paula said...

We tend to get coupons that expire too soon also, but our oil place always accepts them anyway. I think they understand our frustration. Give it a try next time and maybe you'll save $7.00.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

We get coupons like that, too - it's so frustrating - sometimes I think they do it on purpose to get you in more often - or they might just get a bunch printed up and you happen to be at the "end" of the give-away. Like Paula said - it would be great if they accepted expired coupons - probably wouldn't hurt to ask - ;))