Monday, November 18, 2019

Design Wall Monday

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I am participating is a new exchange with my quilt group. So far everyone is reporting that their blocks/units are going together much better. We are only into the first round. We all made our block using our fabrics last month and then passed our bags onto the next person. 
We will exchange bags again on Saturday. 
Here are some of the units HH made.
And, here is my block with her fabrics. 
She is using white-on-white fabrics and shades of blue.

This past Saturday Husband finished the last of the corn at about 5:30.  
What a relief to have the crops out of the fields. Now he needs to work the ground, but we have gotten little bits of rain the last 36 hours making the ground messy so he may not get to that for a bit.

FIL is settling in at the nursing facility. He will have the procedure to remove the remaining kidney stone after Thanksgiving. He is enjoying the meals. He has been eating mostly eggs, hotdogs, applesauce and peaches for the last few years because they are easy for him to cook and eat. He refuses to let me cook or bring him food except on the rare occasion. 

In my efforts to positive I am trying to notice the beauty around me. I am not a morning person but I am getting to experience the sunrise since Husband is up. It was too cloudy today, but Saturday there was a lovely sunrise. 
The geraniums continue to bloom.

And, lastly, the mouse has been dispatched. 

No comments: