Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Trying

to find the joy and be positive.

I feel like I am trying to keep ahead of the panic, fear, crazy. I am not sure I am succeeding. I thought taking a break from making face masks would help. I like to sew, I am thankful for my stash and skills so I can make masks that will hopefully be a benefit to people, but it makes me sad that masks are even needed. I did get some other things done, but little things are making me feel frustrated and I am still feeling restless, scattered. 

When taking the Charm Quilt on Point off the frame I felt a pin stick my hand. 
That happens a lot so I wasn't surprised or concerned - until I saw blood dripping. I guess I hit a small vein. Later that day my thumb looked like this. 
It feels a little bruised, but is looking better today. No blood got on the quilt, thank goodness. The hazards of quilting!

Lots of little things keep happening that normally would not bother me, but they do now. I know all this will pass and things will get back to normal. And, this really isn't all that abnormal for us. We stay at home most of the time anyway. I think it is just all the news reports. And, there always seems to be something new added, new symptoms, new timelines, more cases, more deaths. 

And to add to the fear and panic my husband has been battling lung issues for a while. He was diagnosed with and has been being treated for COPD. He never smoked. His co-workers did. He has been a farmer all his life and worked in a printing factory for years. Recently he has been having more difficulty breathing. This started long before COVID-19. He has had many tests - X-rays, CT scans, blood work, lung function tests, sleep study, Cologuard, ECHO and other tests for the heart. All the heart tests had normal results. The Cologuard, Sleep Study and latest chest CT scan showed abnormalities. It is recommended that he have a colonoscopy to see more of what is going on there. Holding off on that for a while. He definitely needs a CPAP machine. We are waiting to hear from that vendor. The latest chest CT scan was to look at enlarged lymph nodes. The results are in and we had a phone appointment with the doctor today. She didn't want to cause any unnecessary COVID exposure to us or her and her staff. I understand that, but it was hard. She said she hated having to have this conversation on the phone instead of in person. The CT showed some abnormalities and she strongly recommended a PET scan. Enlarged lymph nodes can mean several things from something less minor like an infection to something much more serious like cancer. A PET scan will give a better picture of what we are dealing with and we can then make a plan of action depending on what those results are. She will contact insurance and set up the PET scan. We are hoping the test can be scheduled. Many elected procedures and tests are being cancelled around here. He needs the scan, but it makes us both nervous to have to be out in public and possibly exposed to things we don't want to be exposed to. 

I have an appointment for lab work tomorrow that must be done to renew my thyroid prescription. I am hoping that the appointment with the doctor on Monday to discuss the results can be done over the phone so I don't have to go to their office. 

To combat some of this restlessness I took a walk around my yard. 
The roses have leaf buds.
The moss phlox and daffodils 
will bloom soon.
 
The maple trees and lilacs have buds.
 
The poppies are up.
The sun is trying to shine and it isn't as windy today. The temperatures are a little warmer and expected to continue to warm over the next few days all of which help to make a person feel better.

I hope you are safe and comfortable. 
Stay home and stay well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Same here - trying to find the joy and stay positive. Stay safe - ;))