Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Because I forgot

When I started cutting Designer Star I had planned to cut a bit, sew a bit because I knew I would get tired of cutting. There is a lot of cutting - hundreds of pieces - 512 - 1 3/4" black squares, 108 - 2 1/2" white squares, 256 - 1 3/4" white squares, 256 - 1 3/4" x 3" white rectangles. 
And that is only the first two fabrics. 
Except for the diamonds these are for the outer border. There are 64 stars.
The remaining fabrics will have fewer pieces to cut, but by this time I was tired of cutting. I forgot that I needed to cut more pieces for Jack in the Box so I didn't have anything to sew.

I decided to switch gears. I needed to do some thinking, planning, calculating. I needed to make a sample block to make sure it was going to work. It did. 
I was so pleased that I kept sewing. 
Until they were all sewn together. 
Can you guess what project this is for?
So I still don't have anything to sew. I need to do more cutting - for ALL THREE projects that I am working on.

Did you notice the pile of elastic in the photos? I ordered elastic on April 7th from a US Etsy shop thinking it would be safer than from China and would arrive more quickly. It shipped on April 9th. I had been tracking it and it seemed to be stuck in transit between facilities. I contacted USPS and received a response that basically said they were sorry, but don't worry, the package was showing movement daily. What? Not according to the tracking info I was seeing. Anyway the package was delivered yesterday. My lovely mail carrier apologized, even though it was not her fault, and explained that the enveloped used was an Express Mail envelope, but had a 1st Class label on it. We are pretty sure the label was printed by the Etsy shipper but she said the first post office involved should have caught that and taken care of it on that end. Anyway, I now have lots of elastic. I  hope it isn't needed.

I hope you all are staying 
safe and healthy.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm glad you finally got your elastic - and hope you won't need to use it all. I have NO idea what your last project is - HUGE Flying Geese pointing to what? - ;))