Monday, April 6, 2020

Design Wall Monday

Well, I don't have anything to show on my design wall. 

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I did finish removing the papers from Circle of Life, but did not do any sewing on it.
I still need to piece together five more of the small star/large NYB units. Then attach them to the center with the black background pieces. The outer pieced borders are done. 
Oh, I just realized I need to remove the papers from those. I don't know when I will get to that. The masks are calling!

Son called and requested masks for himself, GF, her brother and two of their friends and their wives. I am making enough for them each to have at least two, plus a few extras in case they think of someone else in need. 
 Husband wanted some to give to the guys who work on his farm machinery.
Then I got an email from the hospital that my niece works at saying that they have been overwhelmed with requests for masks from the public health department, their satellite offices, their employees (for their families), community requests. They are sending me elastic for 50 more masks. Guess I know what I will be doing for the next little while. I am thankful for the ability and the fabric stash to make the masks. I just wish it wasn't needed. 

I took a little walk outside - just on the wheelchair ramp outside my door and was greeted by these lovely sunny daffodils. 
It is still chilly this morning, but is suppose to warm into the 60s with mostly sun. I hope to take a walk later. 

Our internet is only ok on most days with spotty/slow connection off and on at any given time. It is so much worse now. I know there a lot more people on-line now with everyone staying home (hopefully) and students trying to do their on-line learning, but good grief. It goes from pretty good one second to nothing at all the next. Time of day or night does not seem to matter. Same with the TV. We don't have satellite or cable, just an antenna. Something in the airwaves, I guess, makes the signal come and go, usually during the interesting parts or right at the end so you don't know 'who done it'. Kind of frustrating. OK, really frustrating. Oh well, I should be sewing masks anyway. Ha 

Hope you are safe and well.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Thank you for helping your community. Great job. And, think of the stash that is exiting the house. Your paper piecing is gorgeous.