Monday, April 20, 2020

Around My Yard

Since the weather is finally warming up and not as windy I took a little walk around my yard. Here is what I saw.
These berry vines showed up in my yard a couple of years ago. I tried to get rid of them, but that proved impossible so I am letting them grow. Last year the birds got most of them. We'll see what happens this year.
 
Rhubarb and asparagus are growing. Husband mowed today so there are grass clippings in the rhubarb. After mowing he said the rabbits he encountered around the yard were mad! He is pretty sure there are nests of babies they were trying to protect. I am looking forward to asparagus. Husband doesn't like it, more for me!
Clematis and Lily of the Valley are up.
Lilacs have buds. 
It was windy so it's a little blurry. 
Can't wait for these to bloom!
 Daffodil and grape hyacinth.
 
Tulips.
And, a Robin's nest with three eggs.
I love this time of year!

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Nice blooms already! I had to laugh at the "more for me" - I used that when the kids didn't like something on their plate - ;))