Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Masks

The hospital where my niece works sent elastic. It took a week to get it. The town it came from is only an hour away from me. Mail is slow now.
My last order of elastic is still in transit to next facility. I have contacted the USPS but have not had a response yet.

I decided I was done making masks unless I got a request. I got a request from a co-worker and good friend of my Mom. I couldn't say no. She needed masks for herself, her husband, her daughter and her husband and 10 year old daughter.She requested light gray and tan for the adults and pink or flowers for the young girl.  I did not take pictures, but one I made for her is the same fabric as one I made for myself. Grandma told me she like butterflies. And what little girl doesn't like purple? 
I made another for her that does have pink flowers, just in case she doesn't like the purple butterflies. 
And, since Husband and I both have masks and he needed some farm supplies we decided to take a trip to the farm store and pick up a few groceries we were getting low on. When we got to the first stop we put our masks on before going into the store. The farm store was open the first hour of business to only senior citizens and people at risk. The cashier had to ask a couple of young-ish men to please wait. I expected the people who were out to be wearing masks since it has been highly suggested in our state to do so. At the farm store the cashier (at-risk heart disease) had on a very good mask, the other store employee did not. The other shoppers did have on mask.

At the big-box store none of the employees were wearing masks or gloves, that I saw. Most of the shoppers were not either. We had read that they were allowing one family member and limiting the number of people in the store. It was early Sunday morning so there were not a lot of people out and they didn't seem to be monitoring the number of shoppers. We went in separately thinking that if one of us forgot something on the list the other would get it. And, if we ended up with doubles that would be ok too. We did pass each other a couple of times in the store so we knew what the other was getting and did not end up with duplicates. The floor had sticker sign reminders of the 6 foot distancing. There were signs at the ends of each aisle that said ONE WAY and DO NOT ENTER. There was one older gentleman who was not following those signs and kept talking to people. He stopped me to ask questions twice. He wandered haphazardly around the store ignoring the directional signs. 
I tried to be nice and keep my distance, but he seemed oblivious. 

With all the conflicting news reports I keep seeing and hearing I don't know if I am at risk being out or not - how the virus is or isn't spread, shutting down helps, no it doesn't, wear a mask, don't wear a mask, same with gloves. I don't know what to believe anymore.

I really hope this all ends soon. But, I don't think it will. I will just stay home as much as possible in my own little world. I have almost everything I need here. I can order most anything I need if I run out. Who knows when it will get here, but I can order! I have enough projects around here to keep me busy for a long, long time. Husband is doing more field work today so he is busy too.

Stay safe!

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Haha - I like my own little world, too - ;))