Saturday, April 11, 2020

Excited!

Our internet was so good yesterday I had to keep pulling myself away from the computer.
I was able to watch some YouTube videos, and check the weather, and email, and Facebook, and, and, and...

I have spent the last two days (between YouTube videos) working on Circle of Life. I think I needed it. It was nice to have a project with bright colors, that kept my mind occupied by something other than all the troubles in the world happening right now. 

Tracking info says my order of elastic should arrive Monday. I will get back to making masks then. 

Anyway...

I still needed to add the half circle appliques to the NYB/Small Star units. 
I forgot about that part! Thankfully, I had finished three of them a while back.  

The instructions say to applique them on. I tried to sew them on with the machine but that proved impossible, at least for me. I could have machine appliqued them, but since these would be the only things appliqued I decided to hand applique them. It didn't take that long. I made a cardboard template of the pattern piece minus the 1/4" seam allowance on the curve. I ran a basting thread about 1/16" from the edge to use to pull the seam allowance around the cardboard. I ironed that well, removed the cardboard and ironed again. 
I used a little Roxanne's Glue-Baste-It Dip and Dab to hold the piece in place. It has a small dabber similar to some makeup applicators. I then appliqued them in place.
Then I got started adding the NYB units to the black background.
The blackground/NYB is sewn into one piece with a hole in the middle for the center piece. 
It needs a good pressing and there are a couple of places I need to fix, but .....
Isn't it beautiful!
I love the bright colorful fabric. 
It is just so joyful!

I hope to get the pieced outer 
borders sewn on tomorrow. 
At least they are already sewn. 
Oh, I forgot, I need to remove the papers.
Oh, well. Whatever gets done, gets done. It's not like I have anything else pressing to do.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oh, Cindy!! That is SO BEAUTIFUL!! You REALLY outdid yourself this time!! I hope you enter it in the County Fair - you might be looking at the "Best of Show" - ;))