Saturday, June 1, 2019

Around My Yard

I took a little tour around my yard today. I don't get to do this very often until school is out. Too wet in the mornings before school and too tired at the end of the day.

Anyway....
Butterfly Plant

Variegated Weiglia












...these two did not survive the winter.

This Hibiscus is so late to emerge that every year I think it hasn't survived, but I see growth.





It produces beautiful flowers and leaves so I am very happy to see it is growing.







The roses we did not dig out have survived the weed whacking Husband gave them and one even has flower buds.


The iris, phlox and peonies are all doing well.











You can see in the picture above of the small maple tree and iris that we have a 'little' wind today.



That, along with storm warnings (again), is why these petunias are still in my garage and not in outside pots.

I love walking around my yard and visiting all the bright spots of lovely color and fragrance. Soon I will be able to do that more often. 

I also realize that I need to do a lot of weeding. Again, soon. Report card day is Monday. The last Teacher Institute of the day is Tuesday. Then my days will be mine to do as I want. 

Mostly, Husband will still me to help with hay baling.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You have a lovely yard - I especially like the hibiscus - such beautiful flowers! Bet you can't wait for the school year to be over - enjoy your time off - ;))