Sunday, June 9, 2019

Relocating



I have no pictures but I helped my SIL with relocating yesterday. Last weekend her outside, porch, barn and basement things got moved to her new house. This weekend the inside stuff got moved. Well, most of it. All that were left was small things needing to be boxed and freezer/fridge food. She is not listing this house until early July so she still has time. And, she will still be spending some time there because she to be within 30 miles of the hospital as she will be on-call some until she changes to a different department which is happening soon. So a bed, fan and necessary items were left there. 



Another type of relocating involved plants. I was able to dig up some prairie wildflowers from the prairie that my brother planted. Not a lot, but enough that I will have a little bit of him here. These are the plants I brought home. I was just too tired last night to get them in the ground.


So this morning I got them planted. I hope I have identified them correctly.









To the right is Fleabane and Dianthus Armeria, also known as Grass Pink. 




The Grass Pink is so tiny. This is for size. It is a blurry picture because my phone would not focus on the flower. 

Here is a better picture found at FloraFinder.org
https://florafinder.org/Species/Dianthus_armeria.php





A couple of Coneflowers. I am guessing they will be purple, but I guess I will have to wait and see.


A Foxglove Beard Tongue


All planted in a row. I have planted some sunflower seeds behind them and scattered some other wildflower seeds throughout. 

You might notice there is a gap between the two plants on the right. I had planned to evenly space them, but realized that a rose that I thought was removed has started regrowing from the old root! 



Hey, I am all for letting nature take over and see what happens. 

No comments: