Monday, June 24, 2019

Design Wall Monday

Visit Small Quilts and Doll Quilts to see what other quilters are up to.

Today I am still working on the borders of the Trip Around the World quilt. I have one long side finished. The long sides consist of two borders. 
The design is a little hard to see on the front.
The back is a dark blue, but it shows up purple in the pictures.
I think my idea of putting a floral motif in the center of each side will work. 
I have started a short side. 
The short sides (top and bottom) have 3 borders.

I worried and fretted about this project, but now that I have gotten started it is going well.

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That's looking good! Your idea of putting a flower in the center of the long side works nicely! You said you did a long side - do you have to "reload" the quilt and rotate it to quilt the short side - or can you do it vertically as you roll the quilt? I don't have a longarm - so I'm curious as to how you approach it. I'm thinking if you use the boards that you might have to "reload" it - ;))

Rebecca Grace said...

Your border is looking great! I'm intrigued because the cable border and flower appear to be machine quilted, but it looked like you had hand quilted squares as well. How and why are you combining hand and machine quilting in this quilt?