Monday, June 10, 2019

Monday Quilting

On this Monday I am working on a T-shirt quilt.


before trimming, fusing and adding sashing

Not my favorite thing to do but it is for a family friend's daughter's son. 



left side, trimmed and fused, no sashing
right side, trimmed and fused, no sashing











I have 3 of the 4 rows sewn together with sashing. However, I noticed that I will need to rearrange at least a couple of blocks. I think I picked them up in the wrong order. 

Tomorrow I hope to get the remaining sashing and borders added after mowing.

I also have taken on a small job. I was contacted to quilt the borders on a quilt that has been hand quilted. 



Her husband would like 'to sleep under before he dies' she said. She has decided that she will not be able to finish it by hand quilting and is acceptable to it being machine quilted. It will be a new experience for me, but I like a challenge of the quilting kind. 

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

1 comment:

Judy Hansen said...

I have sweatshirts and Tshirts that I want to put together for a quilt-will that work, or should I stick to all of one or the other. I've never made one before, and may not make this one, lol. Also what is the tan rectangle thing on top of the tshirts? It looks like a weight of some kind. Thanks for linking to Design Wall Mondays at my blog. Judy