Thursday, June 20, 2019

Outside and In

I have been slowly working on things outside and things inside. 

Outside I've been weeding and mulching.
Yesterday I saw this Monarch caterpillar, the first one this summer. Fortunately I saw it before I pulled this clump of grass. 

We had heavy rain - 1  1/2 inches - during the night and I haven't been able to find it this morning. Hopefully it is hiding somewhere safe.

The area I found it in is right next to the apple tree. 
This tree is loaded with tiny apples.

We needed rain, but 1  1/2 inches is too much.
We now have water standing in the fields again. It is quite breezy today so that should help dry things up some. Husband has yet to be able to mow hay because of this wet weather.

Inside I've been trying to get the tension right on the Ultimate. I need to name this machine. Any suggestions? I'm pretty frustrated with it right now. 
I discovered the bobbin in the machine had some rough spots. When I switched to a different bobbin the tension issue seemed to be resolved.

At least as long as I didn't stop during the entire pass. But, then I practiced with a board that I will be using to finish a quilt for someone. I have only purchased 2 boards which is not enough length for the whole quilt (usually need 4) so I will have to stop and move one board to the other end several times. When I stop and start up again, the thread breaks. This machine is one of the first ones manufactured and does not have the needle up, needle down function. I don't know if that is the problem, but I will figure it out, somehow. 

No comments: