Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Organizing Continues

Son will be spending a few days with us during the fair which is in mid-July. I am still working on sorting and organizing the sewing/guest room. I want it to be easy for he and his dog to get around in.

A while back someone gifted me with a used 10 drawer storage unit. I had been using it to store card making supplies, machine embroider threads and other small odds and ends. 
One of the drawers is broken and the others come off the tracks every time they are opened or closed. It is too tall to fit under the table or ironing board so I have decided to relocate the items in the drawers and move it on out.
I moved the card making supplies into a couple of pretty shoebox-sized boxes. I don't have a lot - a couple of ink pads, a few stamps, cards. I have had these items for a while and have good intentions, but have yet to make a card.
The boxes fit nicely on a shelf on the TV stand. I really enjoy the decorative boxes and use them to store a lot of things. I think I got these at Joann Fabrics, but my dollar store carries some in various sized and designs.

Now to organize the thread. 
I had purchased the Artbin containers with thread trays, but the spacing of the spindles doesn't work well with most of the thread spools. I have to skip every other spindle to get them to fit nicely so not as many spools fit. 

I want covered containers. I want them to be stackable, have a handle and easy to manage. I also want clear containers so I can quickly see what is inside. 
So now I am searching on-line for just the right container. Once found, I will be one step closer to getting this room organized and easily usable for me and Son.

No comments: